With exciting prospect Davis Schneider in tow (and in the starting lineup!), the third-place Toronto Blue Jays travel to Fenway to take on the Boston Red Sox for a nice weekend series on the road. The Sox have spent the majority of the 2023 campaign at the bottom of the AL East but have rode a nice string of wins to surprisingly overtake the Yankees in the standings.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, right-hander Alek Manoah is gearing up to make his 18th start of the season. Manoah has largely struggled since returning from his month-long demotion to the minors earlier this year, but he is coming off of an outing against the Angels in which he went 4.1 innings with six strikeouts and just one earned run. As a whole, the 25-year-old is 2-8 with a 5.87 ERA, 6.13 FIP and 71 ERA+ this season at the big league level.
- The Red Sox are sending Canadian left-hander James Paxton to the mound to make his 14th start of the year. The 34-year-old has already made more starts this season than he has in a single year dating all the way back to 2019. Across 70 innings this year, Paxton has put up a 6-2 record with a 3.34 ERA, 3.60 FIP and 140 ERA+, striking out 80 and walking only 20.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 4
- 1. LF Whit Merrifield
- 2. RF George Springer
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. C Danny Jansen
- 5. DH Alejandro Kirk
- 6. 3B Matt Chapman
- 7. 2B Davis Schneider
- 8. SS Paul DeJong
- 9. CF Daulton Varsho
Boston Red Sox starting lineup, August 4
- 1. LF Jarren Duran
- 2. RF Alex Verdugo
- 3. DH Masataka Yoshida
- 4. 3B Rafael Devers
- 5. CF Adam Duvall
- 6. 1B Triston Casas
- 7. C Connor Wong
- 8. 2B Luis Urías
- 9. SS Yu Chang
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:10 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- The Red Sox broadcast will be on NESN.
- On a national stage, the game will be broadcast on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Red Sox fans can tune into the game on WEEI 93.7, WAMG 890 AM and WCCM 1490.