After finally breaking into the win column against the Baltimore Orioles, the Toronto Blue Jays are presented with one more chance to make up ground on their AL East opponent. At 60-49, the Jays are having a solid season in their own right, but they remain 6.5 GB of the first-place O's heading into this afternoon's contest.
Probable starting pitchers
- Cy Young contender Kevin Gausman will make his 22nd start of the year for the Blue Jays. The right-hander has ben as steady as they come this season, posting an 8-5 record with a 3.10 ERA, MLB-leading 2.82 FIP and 134 ERA+ through just under 128 innings of work. Gausman, 32, also leads the American League in K/9 (12.1) and total strikeouts (171).
- For the Orioles, newcomer Jack Flaherty will make his debut with the club after being acquired at the trade deadline from the Cardinals. The 27-year-old made 20 starts pre-trade for St. Louis, posting a 7-6 record with a 4.43 ERA and 97 ERA+. He hasn't quite been the top-of-the-rotation type of pitcher he once was this year, but he will provide the O's with another much-needed innings eater.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 3
- 1. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 2. DH Brandon Belt
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. RF George Springer
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. SS Paul DeJong
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Baltimore Orioles starting lineup, August 3
- 1. C Adley Rutschman
- 2. SS Gunnar Henderson
- 3. DH Anthony Santander
- 4. RF Ryan O'Hearn
- 5. 1B Ryan Mountcastle
- 6. 2B Adam Frazier
- 7. LF Austin Hays
- 8. 3B Ramón Urías
- 9. CF Ryan McKenna
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 3:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- The Orioles broadcast will be on MASN.
- On a national stage, the game will be broadcast on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Orioles fans can tune into the game on 98 Rock FM/HD2 97.9 and WBAL NewsRadio AM/FM.