Morale was high for the Toronto Blue Jays heading into yesterday's contest against the Baltimore Orioles. After all, the third place Jays had just taken the first of a crucial three-game series against one of the teams they're trailing in the standings the night before. Then Wednesday night happened and after a crushing 7-0 loss, the Jays are now undoubtedly just hoping to secure a series win and take their victories where they can get them.
Probable starting pitchers
- Right-hander José Berríos is set to make his 26th start of the season for the Blue Jays. The 29-year-old has looked a lot like his former self as of late and is coming off of an impressive outing against the Reds in which he surrendered just one hit while striking out eight in 5.2 innings of work. On the season, the two-time All-Star is 9-8 with a 3.39 ERA, 3.95 FIP and 124 ERA+.
- 11-year veteran Kyle Gibson is going to take the ball for the Orioles in what will be his 27th start of the year. Gibson, 35, hasn't been a great pitcher in a few years now but he has provided the O's with a much-needed innings eater and actually sports an impressive 3.87 FIP heading into tonight's matchup. The right-hander leads the American League in hits allowed (157), though, and has allowed 21 hits and 13 earned runs in his last two starts.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 24
- 1. LF Whit Merrifield
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. 1B Brandon Belt
- 4. DH Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. RF George Springer
- 6. CF Daulton Varsho
- 7. 3B Matt Chapman
- 8. C Danny Jansen
- 9. 2B Cavan Biggio
Baltimore Orioles starting lineup, August 24
- 1. C Adley Rutschman
- 2. SS Gunnar Henderson
- 3. RF Anthony Santander
- 4. DH Ryan Mountcastle
- 5. 1B Ryan O'Hearn
- 6. LF Austin Hays
- 7. CF Cedric Mullins
- 8. 3B Ramón Urías
- 9. 2B Adam Frazier
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:05 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Orioles fans can catch the game on MASN 2.
- On a national stage, MLB Network will have the broadcast for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Orioles fans can tune into the game on 98 Rock FM / HD2 97.9 as well as WBAL NewsRadio AM/FM.