The Toronto Blue Jays are coming off of a crucial victory against their AL East rivals, the Baltimore Orioles. Now, the Jays look to make it two in a row and secure a much-needed series victory against the team they're chasing in the standings. At 77-48, the O's are no joke this season and have somehow found a way to get better as the season progresses. The Jays enter the day 70-56 and are 7.5 GB with a chance at shortening that gap once again this evening.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, former Oriole Kevin Gausman is gearing up to make his 25th start of the season. The 32-year-old has come down to earth a bit in his last few starts, but 2023 has largely been a massive success for him. Not only did he make the All-Star Game for the second time in the last three years, but he currently leads the American League in strikeouts (187) and SO/9 (11.7). All told, the 11-year veteran is 9-7 with a 3.24 ERA and 2.84 FIP in just over 144 innings this season.
- Right-hander Jack Flaherty was initially penciled in as tonight's starter for the Orioles, but he was a late scratch. Instead, Dean Kremer will fill in and make his 26th start of the year. The 27-year-old has allowed more hits and walked more batters than he'd like to this season, which has led to a bloated 4.50 ERA and 4.87 FIP in 138 innings of work. However, he has gone at least six innings in each of his last two starts and has been known to show occasional promise in the big leagues.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 23
- 1. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. RF George Springer
- 6. LF Daulton Varsho
- 7. 3B Matt Chapman
- 8. C Alejandro Kirk
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Baltimore Orioles starting lineup, August 23
- 1. C Adley Rutschman
- 2. SS Gunnar Henderson
- 3. RF Anthony Santander
- 4. DH Ryan Mountcastle
- 5. 1B Ryan O'Hearn
- 6. LF Austin Hays
- 7. CF Cedric Mullins
- 8. 2B Jordan Westburg
- 9. 3B Ramón Urías
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:05 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Orioles fans can catch the game on MASN 2.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Orioles fans can tune into the game on 98 Rock FM / HD2 97.9 as well as WBAL NewsRadio AM/FM.