The Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles are prepared to face off in a high stakes, three-game matchup in Baltimore. The two AL East juggernauts are currently third and first in the division and are separated by an 8.5 game gap. With one of the more lethal pitching staffs in the game, the Blue Jays offense is going to need to step up in a big way for that deficit to shrink over these next few days.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, Yusei Kikuchi is gearing up to make his 25th start of the season. Seemingly out of nowhere, the left-hander has emerged as one of the best pitchers on this club and is statistically the best in baseball since the All-Star break. In each of his last five outings, the 32-year-old has gone a minimum of five innings while allowing one run or less. All told, the five-year veteran is 9-4 with a 3.44 ERA, 4.35 FIP and 122 ERA+ in just over 128 innings of work.
- The Orioles are going to send rookie Grayson Rodriguez out to make his 17th start of the 2023 campaign. The 6-foot-5 righty has shown some legitimate promise at times this year but still has an ERA of 5.44 and ERA+ of just 77. It's worth noting that the 23-year-old is coming off of an outing against the Padres in which he went seven innings of one-run ball with six strikeouts.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 22
- 1. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. RF George Springer
- 6. LF Daulton Varsho
- 7. 3B Matt Chapman
- 8. C Danny Jansen
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Baltimore Orioles starting lineup, August 22
- 1. DH Adley Rutschman
- 2. 1B Ryan Mountcastle
- 3. 3B Gunnar Henderson
- 4. LF Austin Hays
- 5. 2B Jordan Westburg
- 6. C James McCann
- 7. CF Cedric Mullins
- 8. RF Ryan McKenna
- 9. SS Jorge Mateo
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:05 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Orioles fans can catch the game on MASN 2.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Orioles fans can tune into the game on 98 Rock FM / HD2 97.9 as well as WBAL NewsRadio AM/FM.