At 59-49, the Toronto Blue Jays are doing what they can to stay in contention but their current foe, the Baltimore Orioles, are atop the AL East and won't go down easy. In Tuesday's contest, the O's took care of business against Hyun Jin Ryu and the Jays, winning in blowout fashion by a final score of 13-3. With newcomer Paul DeJong making his debut on the Jays, here's to hoping this is the start of something special.
Probable starting pitchers
- Left-hander Yusei Kikuchi will be making his 22nd start of the year in tonight's contest. The 32-year-old has quietly been a solid contributor to this Blue Jays pitching staff and is coming off of two straight outings with eight strikeouts. All told, Kikuchi is 8-3 with a 3.79 ERA, 4.78 FIP and 109 ERA+ in just over 109 innings of work this season.
- The Orioles are set to send young gun Grayson Rodriguez to the mound to make his 14th start of the season and his career. The 23-year-old has experienced quite a few ups and downs this year but is coming off of a start in which he threw over six innings of shutout ball against the Yankees. As a whole this year, he is 2-2 with a 6.21 ERA, 5.04 FIP and 68 ERA+.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 2
- 1. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 2. 1B Brandon Belt
- 3. DH Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. RF George Springer
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. C Danny Jansen
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. SS Paul DeJong
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Baltimore Orioles starting lineup, August 2
- 1. C Adley Rutschman
- 2. 1B Ryan Mountcastle
- 3. RF Anthony Santander
- 4. LF Austin Hays
- 5. 3B Gunnar Henderson
- 6. 2B Jordan Westburg
- 7. C James McCann
- 8. CF Ryan McKenna
- 9. SS Jorge Mateo
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- The Orioles broadcast will be on MASN.
- On a national stage, the game will be broadcast on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Orioles fans can tune into the game on 98 Rock FM/HD2 97.9 and WBAL NewsRadio AM/FM.