Coming off of a much-needed shutout victory over the Miami Marlins, the Toronto Blue Jays are aiming to secure a series victory over the club at their home ballpark in Miami. In last night's win, the Jays seemed to have found their swagger and truly looked to be having fun on the field for the first time in what feels like forever. With Brandon Belt's activation, the team is getting one of their top contributors back into the fold and could conceivably be gearing up for a hot streak.
Probable starting pitchers
- Our fearless leader Kevin Gausman is set to take the mound for the Blue Jays and will be making his 16th start of the year. Gausman has been the best starter on the pitching staff by a long shot and continues to put together strong stretches of play. In his last outing against the Rangers, he went six innings while allowing just one earned run and has struck out eight or more batters in three of his last five starts. On the season, the right-hander is 6-3 with a 3.01 ERA, 2.74 FIP and a 136 ERA+.
- The Marlins are set to send defending NL Cy Young winner Sandy Alcantara to the mound to make his 15th start of the year. The 27-year-old has been facing an uncharacteristic slump this season, much like Alek Manoah of the Blue Jays has been. All told, Alcantara is 2-5 with a 4.97 ERA, 3.88 FIP and 88 ERA+ in 88.2 innings of work in 2023.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 21
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. LF Whit Merrifield
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 7. SS Santiago Espinal
- 8. CF Kevin Kiermaier
- 9. C Tyler Heineman
UPDATE: Bo Bichette has been scratched from the lineup with thumb discomfort.
Miami Marlins starting lineup, June 21
- 1. 2B Luis Arraez
- 2. DH Jorge Soler
- 3. LF Bryan De La Cruz
- 4. RF Jesús Sánchez
- 5. 1B Garrett Cooper
- 6. SS Joey Wendle
- 7. CF Jonathan Davis
- 8. C Jacob Stallings
- 9. 3B Garrett Hampson
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on today?
- Game time: 12:10 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- Marlins fans can catch the game on Bally Sports Florida.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Marlins fans can tune into the game on FOX Sports 940 AM (WINZ) and WAQI 710.