Jays Journal has recently launched a brand new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wild range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
On tonight’s show we look at a challenging day for the Toronto Blue Jays as they drop another decision to the Royals while dealing with the recent news surrounding Roberto Osuna.
Kudos to the young Jays’ closer for making a brave admission, and contributing to breaking down the stigma around mental illness, in any capacity. Hopefully he’ll be able to get back on the mound again soon, but it’s great to see the club seemingly giving the issue the respect it deserves.
First, we’re joined by Dr. Kristina Reihl (2:10), a licensed clinical and sports psychologist whose expertise involves dealing with the stigma associated with mental illnesses. She offers us her thoughts on the news surrounding Osuna’s emotional health and takes a closer look at what anxiety means to professional athletes and the foreboding statistics associated with modern day health and wellness. (@DocReihl)
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Next, Mathew Tsang (11:30), a photographer with the Jays Care foundation, visits with us to discuss the origins of his craft, his candid thoughts on the power and influence of baseball images, and the crucial value of organizations like Jays Care and Pitch Talks when it comes to our communities and the next generation of baseball fans. (@MathewTsang, @JaysCare, @PitchTalks)
Finally, making his long-awaited debut on this podcast, Colin Teskey (22:15) of the Fan 590 joins us to offer a contextual appreciation of the current Blue Jays struggles while offering up his earnest thoughts and childhood memories of Roy Halladay. Be sure to check out his critically acclaimed show: “The Good, the Bad, and the Teskey.” (@TeskeyRadio, @Fan590)
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521.
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 21st
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 20th
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 18th
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 17th
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”