Jays Journal brings you Ep 52 of the Jays’ Nest Podcast. This week we discuss the Toronto Blue Jays recent roster moves and news and have some holiday fun!
Episode 52 of the Jays’ Nest Podcast features some great discussion about recent (not very exciting) roster moves from the Toronto Blue Jays. The moves are more about providing depth in the organization and fielding a team at the AAA level. We had some holiday fun with a look in at players’ holiday fun and what they’d ask Santa for. We also create a game called “Guess the Alias”. This week’s reader questions look at the possibility of trading some big bats a possible target and our wish list.
We want to thank you for making the Jays’ Nest Podcast one of the higher ranking podcasts in iTunes! Enjoy your holidays!
In This Week’s Episode:
- I confess my change in opinion over the Blue Jays’ 2016 outlook. Last week, I was pretty negative on the whole offseason. This week, I have seen the light.
Toronto Blue Jays
- Those pining for Rogers Centre to be adorned with natural grass had their dreams crushed this week. We provide our take on the whole situation.
- We break down some of the key roster moves the club made over the last week including Brad Penny, Roberto Hernandez and Junior Lake.
- We had some fun checking in on a couple players and their holidays thus far. Warning: what you hear may or may not represent actual holiday conversations.
- We took a guess at what some Blue Jays players might be asking Santa for. It’s an entertaining list of hypothetical wishes.
- In honor of the club signing HErnandez (who used to be known as Fausto Carmona), we played a little game of “Guess the Alias”. We presented alternate identities for a few players, dropping hints along the way as to who they really are.
- We took a few reader/listener questions about trading Jose Bautista and/or Edwin Encarnacion, about kicking tires on Scott Kazmir and what gift of a roster move we’d like the club to bestow upon us.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan and Shaun, featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land. You can catch up on previous episodes HERE.
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!