Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
Reymin Guduan LHP
The 23-years-old out of San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic is a left-handed, throws a fastball that touches 99 mph and a slider with excellent movement and flashes plus potential.
More from Toronto Blue Jays News
- Blue Jays: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. open to a long-term contract
- Blue Jays: Snapping cold streaks at the right time
- Who Should the Blue Jays Extend First: Guerrero, Bichette or Manoah?
- Blue Jays now hold the top Wild Card spot, and yes that’s a good thing
- Blue Jays may have the tools to use a Bullpen Day
Reymin bounced between starting and relieving throughout his minor league career. He spent 2015 entirely in a relief role across three levels of the Houston Astros organization (Lo-A, Hi-A, and Double-A affiliates). Despite being roughed up in Double-A , Reymin managed to strike out 10.68 batters per 9IP while primarily working out of the back end of the bullpen.
Guduan struggled to find his control in 2015, getting worse as he moved up the ladder. During his time in Lo-A he posted 2.25 BB/9, then 5.82 BB/9 in Hi-A, and finally 10.68 BB/9 in AA.
Reymin has shown the ability to consistently induce ground balls. Over three levels he finished with a 1.58 GO/AO ratio, gave up 3 home runs over 45.2IP and a 1.55 WHIP which was inflated by a terrible 2.39 WHIP in Double-A.
Next: Austin Adams