Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
[table id=120 /]
More from Jays Journal
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
- Toronto Blue Jays: Has the Shift Killed Kevin Gausman’s 2022 Cy Young Hopes?
- Blue Jays: What Yusei Kikuchi’s latest stumble should mean
- Blue Jays: Alek Manoah on pace to succeed in possible postseason
- Blue Jays: Bradley Zimmer has carved himself a valuable role
When you begin the conversation with Kiermaier, Pillar, Betts and Jones, you’re talking about four Gold-Glove caliber centre-fielders that provide highlight reel catches weekly. Add Ellsbury to that group and you’re not going further down if at all. It’s the strongest position in the A.L. East through all 5 teams and there isn’t much that gets by these guys. As such, we rank them but know that they all have the ability to be the best on any given night. Aside from the age and health of Ellsbury, the remainder are expected to lead their teams up-the-middle without question.
Side Note: Aaron Hicks who was picked up by the Yankees may get a chance to start for them in the OF. If he does, there’s a chance that he forces Ellsbury over to LF. With his 5-tool ability and semi-breakout season behind him, he may be the best bet to unseat any of the 5 listed above.
Ranking: 1. Jones, 2. Betts, 3. Kiermaier, 4. Pillar, 5. Ellsbury
Next: Who's the Best RF in the AL East?