Sep 22, 2015; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; Toronto Blue Jays starting pitcher Marco Estrada (25) before game against New York Yankees in the first inning at Rogers Centre. Mandatory Credit: Peter Llewellyn-USA TODAY Sports
Player to Watch this Week
The entire starting rotation. There are battles for positions to be won in these final 10 games and really the only lock down starters for the Blue Jays are David Price and most likely R.A. Dickey. Marco Estrada, Mark Buehrle and Marcus Stroman are going to fight hard. Estrada may fall behind or benefit without even throwing a pitch against the Rays. This will be fun to watch.
Predictions for this series
3 of 3. If this is truly the magical season to finaly end the 22 year drought then sweeping the Rays would go a long way to helping that magic. We have a couple pitching duels and a possible game of offensive explosions. If the bullpen can right itself it will give the Blue Jays a decided advantage. I am thinking it will be enough.
More from Jays Journal
- Blue Jays: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. open to a long-term contract
- Blue Jays: Snapping cold streaks at the right time
- Who Should the Blue Jays Extend First: Guerrero, Bichette or Manoah?
- Blue Jays now hold the top Wild Card spot, and yes that’s a good thing
- Blue Jays may have the tools to use a Bullpen Day