The Braves got on the board early. A sac fly brought in a run after a single and back to back walks. It took 32 pitches for R.A. Dickey to pitch his way out of a bases loaded 1 out situation to start the game.
R.A. Dickey pitched a clean 2nd inning and should have been out of the 3rd. After a clear strike that would have ended the inning he walked Nick Markakis and Freddie Freeman hit a 2 run home run. Unfortunate turn for R.A who had been cruising along. He got out of the inning but the damage was done. Atlanta took a 3-0 lead.
Steven Tolleson led off the bottom of the 3rd with a single. Alex Wood was able to pitch his way out of it with a little help from his defense. They turned their second double play of the game to erase the lead off single.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a solo home run to lead off the 4th inning taking on another run to make it a 4-0 ball game.
Josh Donaldson led off the bottom of the 4th with a walk. Again, Alex Wood was able to pitch his way out of a lead off runner. A quick pop up by Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarncion hit into the 3rd double play of the game.
The Blue Jays again were able to get the lead off man on base in the bottom of the 5th. Danny Valencia hit a double for his 2nd hit of the day and the first time the Jays got a man in scoring position. Kevin Pillar walked to make it 1st and 2nd but again Alex Wood induced yet another double play to end the inning.
Danny Valencia was able to get into scoring position again in the 7th inning after his 2nd double of the game. Russell Martin was able to break the shutout and bring Danny Valencia home with a single to right field. Steve Tolleson was able to keep the rally going with an RBI triple. Dalton Pompey hustled down the first base line to leg out an infield single allowing Steve Tolleson to score and chasing Alex Wood out of the game with only a 4-3 lead.
In the bottom of the 8th Josh Donaldson led off the frame with a single putting the tying run on base. Jose Bautista followed that up with a no doubt 2nd deck home run to give the Blue Jays a 5-4 lead. Danny Valencia got his 4th hit of the game with his 2nd single. Russell Martin followed that up by hitting into yet another double play.
In the bottom of the 10th Josh Donaldson hit a walk off home run to give the Blue Jays a much needed win.
- The opening frame could have been worse but surrendering only a single run kept the damage down. R.A. Dickey was able to be efficient after that inning averaging just over 11 pitches per frame. Walks again were a bit of an issue today but he only gave up 4 hits.
- Liam Hendricks came out of the bullpen and had another great outing. Coming up big to get 3 key outs which would give time for the offense to start clicking.
- Miguel Castro gave up his first run, unfortunately it was the only run to spare allowing the Braves to tie up the game.
- Danny Valencia came in for a big day at the plate. He had a stellar line of 2 1B, 2 2B, 1 SB, and 1 R.
- Josh Donaldson stayed hot with 3 hits including a walk off home run raising his average to .340.