Welcome to the AL East Round Up. It’s hard to believe, but the 2014 season is winding down. The “toughest division in sports” has not really lived up to its name. The Orioles have all but sealed up their AL East pennant. The Blue Jays have a WAY outside shot of grabbing the second Wild Card spot while the rest of the division is going to have to wait until next year. Yes, even the New York Yankees who sit just a game behind the Blue Jays have too far to go to make the post season this year.
For this week’s AL East Round Up, I thought we’d look at what’s left for fans to get excited about.
More from Toronto Blue Jays News
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Why watch? Why follow? If the season is coming to its disappointing end for most teams, what reasons do fans have to get excited?
AL East Standings:
Baltimore Orioles 88-60
Toronto Blue Jays 77-70 10.5GB
New York Yankees 76-71 11.5 GB
Tampa Bay Rays 71-78 17.5 GB
Boston Red Sox 65-84 23.5 GB