Here are the latest Jays Minors transactions, which have come in a bunch over the last 2-3 days:
- RHP Dustin McGowan will take over the spot of Henderson Alvarez in New Hampshire’s rotation as he was assigned to New Hampshire from Dunedin. He had recorded an 0-2 record with a 2.87 ERA over 7 starts in HiA to this point. He accumulated 15.2 innings, 13 hits, 7 BB and 17 SO over that span and has yet to throw more than 3 innings in one game. I still have reservations about keeping him in the rotation, but also hope that he proves the odds wrong and makes a successful comeback to the Jays late this season;
- Canadian OF Dalton Pompey will move up to the Bluefield Blue Jays from the GCL, bringing his speed and athleticism to an outfield that already includes highly touted Jays prospect Christopher Hawkins. His most impressive stats are his 19 SB (0 CS), 24 BB to 35 SO, and his .357 OBP. Also, while his season’s average is only .255, he has managed to hit .293/.387/.447 vs RHP;
- As previously announced here, SS Andrew Burns was promoted from the Bluefield Blue Jays to the Vancouver Canadians, which allows the recently signed SS Peter Mooney the chance to play full time in Bluefield;
- RHP Misaul Diaz (21) has been promoted from the GCL to the Bluefiel Blue Jays. Diaz had been sent down from Lansing to the GCL after managing a 5.63 ERA there, and was promoted after managing a more tolerable 3.86 ERA and .231 Avg Against in the GCL;
- LHP Kenllie Santana (22) has been demoted from the Bluefield Blue Jays to the GCL after allowing a whopping 15 runs in only 8.2 IP. His biggest weakness has been walks, as he has walked 20 batters while also allowing 13 hits;
- RP Matt Daly (24) has been demoted from New Hampshire to Dunedin, this after attaining a 6.25 ERA while allowing 25 runs in 36 IP;
- RP Wil Ledezma was sent to Las Vegas from the Jays bullpen; and
- C Joe Bowen (23) has been sent to Dunedin from New Hampshire after a very short stint that had him only seeing 5 ABs (he managed a walk). So far this season in HiA, Joe has managed a .135/.262/.135 line in 52 ABs while playing in HiA.
On the draft front, all of the news I have aside from Thomas Robson signing with the Jays for $325,000 are rumours. There are some who say that 3 hard-to-sign draftees (Tyler Beede, Daniel Norris, and Matt Dean) have already completed physicals, which may or may not point to contracts being signed. Aside from that, it’s fairly quiet for draft signings.
Finally, here are a few hot prospect lines over their last 10 games within the Jays system that I was not able to include in my latest minors update:
- Jake Marisnick (LoA): last 10 GP, .421/.511/.632 with 1 double, 2 triples, 1 HR, 7 BB, 7 SO, and 4 SB (0 CS).
- Eric Arce (Rk): last 10 GP, .379/.581/.759 with 1 triple, 3 HRs, 12 BB and 9 SO.
- Mitchell Taylor (Rk): last 10 GP, 3-1, 2.30 ERA, 43 IP, 32 hits, 12 BB, 50 Ks.
- Anthony Gose (AA): last 10 GP, .324/.432/.515 with 4 doubles, 1 HR, 6 BB, 13 SO. and 5 SB (1 CS).
- Casey Lawrence (LoA): last 10 GP, 6-3, 2.80 ERA, 61 IP, 55 hits, 11 BB, 46 Ks.
- Justin Nicolino (SS): last 10 GP, 5-1, 1.20 ERA, 45 IP, 23 hits, 11 BB, 58 Ks.
- Bryan Longpre (SS): last 10 GP, 2-2, 2 saves, 1.40 ERA, 19.1 IP, 16 hits, 9 BB, 18 Ks.
- Jonathon Berti (SS): last 10 GP, .351/.429/.432 with a double, a triple, 3 BB, 10 SO, and 3 SB (2 CS).
Like what you read and want to stay informed on all updates here at Jays Journal? Follow Jared, Scott and I on Twitter (@JaysJournal and @bigja12) or “Like” our Facebook page