Here are some quick links to Jays topics and news around the blogging sphere:
- Drunk Jays Fan has an excellent article surrounding the new turf at Rogers Center.
- Mop Up Duty covers Cuban 3B Yulieski Gourriel and added some Jose Ruiz coverage.
- Bluebird Banter takes a peak at the 1B situation in Toronto.
- The Tao of Stieb takes a great look at “The Franchise”, also known as Travis Snider, calling him “the future”.
- The Blue Jays Hunter confirms my belief that Cito Gaston needs to keep a little more quiet.
- Ghostrunner on First takes a look at what he calls “The Aaron Hill Dilemma“
- MLBastien looks at Dustin McGowan and the state of the franchise.
As for other news closely related to the Jays:
- Dirk Hayhurst is scheduled for surgery and is expected to miss the majority of 2010.
- Any of us who hoped the Jays may take a chance on Erik Bedard can scratch him off our list since he signed a 1-yr deal with Seattle with a mutual option for 2011.
- Either the Jays or Johnny Damon, or both, may not be all that enthused about the aging outfielder playing in Toronto in 2010. After the Jays kicked the tires with him and his agent, everything changed to focus on Detroit or Atlanta acquiring him. The Rays have also been added to his list of suitors, which tells us that he’s both desperate to sign and wants to do so on a contender if possible. You can see it as either a loss or a gain, but it doesn’t look like he’ll be in Toronto in 2010.