Here is a review of the major events in the minors for the Jays on Thursday, 15th of April:
AAA Las Vegas – Lost 7-3
- Lance Broadway‘s line: 5.1 IP, 6 hits, 5 walks, 4 ER, 4 strike outs, and now has a 3.48 ERA on the season.
- Zach Jackson didn’t give up a run in relief, but he did give up 3 walks and 2 hits over his 2 IP.
- 3B Christian Colonel went 3 for 4 with a double and now has a .381 average on the year.
- LF Chris Lubanski is the other other player to have a big impact offensively, as eh hit his 2nd HR of the year.
AA New Hampshire – Lost 7-6
- Zach Stewart is having a hard time in AA. He only lasted 4.1 IP, gave up 9 hits, 7 ER, 4 walks and got 4 Ks. His season’s ERA now stands at 7.71 – not what the Jays had in mind when they sent him to AA to build up his repertoire and confidence.
- Trystan Magnuson was strong in relief, going 1.2 IP with 4 Ks and 1 hit and no walks allowed.
- Zach Dials and Daniel Farquhar followed that up with 3 shut out innings only allowing 1 walk.
- 3B Brad Emaus (.375) was the catalyst offensively speaking, going 3 for 3 with a SB.
- CF Darin Mastroianni and LF Eric Thames both got 2 hits, one of which was a double for Darin.
HiA Dunedin – Lost 3-2
- Charles Huggins was outstanding in his start, lasting 7 innings, getting 2 hits, and striking out 4. He allowed no ER but still ended up with a no-decision. He now has a 2.13 ERA on the year and should be looking at a promotion at some point in 2010.
- Matt Daly blew the save, allowing 2 ER over 3 hits in the 9th inning.
- Brian Van Kirk (3 for 4) and Welinton Ramirez (1 for 4) both hit a double to lead NH offensively.
LoA Lansing – Lost 6-4
- Dave Sever had a mediocre day, lasting 5 innings, allowing 6 hits, 4 ER, 2 walks and getting 2 Ks.
- Nestor Molina took the loss after allowing 2 runs, 1 earned, over his inning of work.
- Aaron Loup was outstanding again in relief, allowing only 1 walk over his 2 shut out innings. He now hasn’t allowed a run in 6.2 innings and has 9 Ks over this period. He’ll be headed to HiA at some point in the very near future after these performances.
- Ryan Goins was 3 for 4 while Bradley Glenn hit his 2nd HR in 3 days in the losing cause.
Tags: Aaron Loup Brad Emaus Bradley Glenn Brian Van Kirk Charles Huggins Chris Lubanski Christian Colonel Darin Mastroianni Dave Sever Lance Broadway Nestor Molina Ryan Goins Trystan Magnuson Welinton Ramirez Zach Dials Zach Jackson Zach Stewart