Mandatory Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:LansingLugnuts_PrimaryLogo.png
Lansing Lugnuts @ Great Lake Loons (Loss 7-2)
More from Toronto Blue Jays Prospects
- One prospect the Blue Jays should not have traded at the deadline
- Blue Jays: Can expanded rosters provide positivity?
- Blue Jays: 2022 Tournament 12 returns as Canadian Futures Showcase
- Blue Jays: Top Pitching Prospect Tiedemann Impresses in AA Debut
- Blue Jays 2022 Draft: Who did Toronto Land in Round Two?
The Lugnut pitching could just not get started it seemed Sunday. Justin Shafer pitched the first 2.1 innings but gave up 3 runs on 4 hits. Dusty Isaacs came on and also gave 3 runs in 3.2 innings. Carlos Ramirez pitched the remainder and bucked the trend just a little bit as he gave up 1 run in the 2 innings. The offense had just as many issues getting the machine going as the pitching staff. They were able to collect 6 hits and 3 walked batters but were unable to get anything big going. Christian Vazquez went 2-2 with a double, 2 walks, a run scored, and an RBI. This was a team loss and a solid performance for the Loons. There were some opportunities to score some more with the Loon errors but just not enough big opportunities to string some runs together.
Line of the game
Christian Vazquez 2-2 with a double, 2 walks, a run scored, and an RBI
Lansing Lugnuts @ Great Lakes Loons (Pitchers TBD)
Next: Canadian offense explodes