Here are a few of remaining Jays tidbits to close out the day:
- Don Campbell of the Ottawa Citizen touches on the Jays’ recent stop on their winter tour and gets John Farrell to recall his last visit to The Nation’s Capital.
- Speaking of the winter tour, Ken Gray of the Ottawa Citizen has some pictures from the event.
- Alex Anthopoulos held a conference call with the media earlier this afternoon, and Tom over at Bluebird Banter has a quick rundown of what was covered.
- One player that was brought up was Drew Hutchison, who was recently ranked on Seedlings to Stars’ Florida State League All-Star team.
- According to David Kaplan of CSN Chicago, the Blue Jays are one of “several” teams that have expressed “serious” interest in Cubs right-hander Matt Garza. Here we go again.
- According to Blue Jays beat reporter Gregor Chisholm via Twitter, Aaron Laffey and Brian Bocock, who were both signed to minor league deals this off-season, will make $800,000 and $480,000, respectively in the event they make the MLB roster.
- Though not exactly Jays related, Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star chimes in on Barry Larkin’s election to the Hall of Fame.
- In an interview with John Lott of the National Post, John Farrell discusses how important improvements from Colby Rasmus and Brett Cecil will be next season.
- Over the weekend, MLB Trade Rumors passed along an ESPN article (in Spanish) that says both the Blue Jays and Orioles sent scouts to watch Manny Ramirez hit in an indoor cage in Miami.
- This one is a few days old, but former Jays left-hander Jo-Jo Reyes has agreed to a Minor League deal with the Pittsburgh Pirates that includes an invite to big league spring training.
Next Blue Jays Game Full schedule »