With the Winter Meetings officially wrapping up today, here are a few links to keep you busy:
- In his trademark style, Drew Stoeten at Drunk Jays Fans addresses the parts of the Jays’ fan base that are annoyed that Rogers isn’t spending big money on players as a result of the colossal Red Sox moves this week.
- Speaking of the Red Sox, Dustin Parkes over at Getting Blanked offers a look into their 2011 team along with quotes from Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos.
- According to WEEI.com, the Blue Jays talked to catcher Jason Varitek before he re-signed with the Red Sox. I don’t think this was ever legit, but be thankful anyway that Varitek is only coming to Toronto in 2011 as a member of the visiting Boston Red Sox.
- The Blue Jay Hunter echoes many Jays fans that are saying that the only way to see what J.P. Arencibia has at the major league level is to have him play every day.
- The Seattle Mariners signed catcher Miguel Olivo to a two-year, $7M deal this afternoon, which will now net the Jays an extra pick in the 2011 draft between the first and second rounds.
- Shaun Marcum was on the Fan 590 Tuesday morning, and advance about one third of the way through to get to his part. He discusses being traded to the Brewers, how he was actually at the Kansas City Chiefs football game when he found out the news, hitting in the National League, and having a press conference in Milwaukee on his birthday next Tuesday.
- For Twitter users, Brett Cecil is the newest Blue Jay to join the site, and he uses @CEC0208 .