With the Winter Meetings set to begin later on this morning, here are a few interesting links to get you by until the real news starts coming in:
- Bleacher Report provides some extra information on Blue Jays left-hander Brett Cecil.
- Talking Chop offers an interesting 2010 comparison between current Jays SS Yunel Escobar and the man that was traded for him, Alex Gonzalez.
- Thankfully Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos did not pull a J.P. Ricciardi and non-tender an injured starter (some guy named Chris Carpenter in 2002) when the Jays re-signed right-hander Dustin McGowan to a one-year, $450,000 contract.
- If you haven’t heard it already, definitely listen to Friday’s Alex Anthopoulos interview on the Fan 590, where he talks about ludicrousness of reporters falsely identifying the Blue Jays as a team that is interested in virtually every player available.
- Courtesy of Batter’s Box, take a look at a few pictures of the Jays’ top prospects when they were at the Rogers Centre during the Jays’ final homestand of 2010.
- Last but not least, take a trip back in time to watch one of the best Blue Jays commercials ever: