Here’s a roundup of what’s being covered within the Jays Blog-O-Sphere:
- The Man with the Golden Arm – by way of 1BlueJaysWay – brings some Jays fans back to earth in terms of expectations of JP Arencibia in 2011 and beyond. As most regular JJ readers know, I am fully committed to the Arencibia bandwagon and don’t intend on getting off until he proves me otherwise. I know there will be bumps in the road, as explained wisely in this article, but even if he “only” produces 23 HRs per season he still winds up as the top power hitting Catcher if we use 2010 stats. You can discount that one bit! Great article.
- 500 Level Fan continues the coverage of the Blue Jays and Free Agency with Part 4 of the series entitled: “Re-Signed Free Agents”. Feel free to look through this thorough historical analysis of how the Jays have spent their FA money. Great stuff!
- Batter’s Box covers the hiring of Mike Redmond as the new Lansing Lugnuts coach and some other minors tidbits.
- Tom Dakers of Bluebird Banter has all of the information for those interested in the Blue Jays Winter tour which is apparently headed for his home town of Calgary.
- your boy Sam from Ghostrunner on First takes a frustrated stance on the luck of the Jays despite better signing in recent times than the Giants and other more successful National League clubs who also make silly deal.
- The Blue Jay Hunter provides us with his support for Jason Frasor sticking around for 2011.
- The Tao of Stieb takes some Tweeted questions including the non-support of the Jays improving without making major changes, a total lack of support for Yunel Escobar, but does speak highly about the long term plan for the Jays under Alex Anthopolous. I’m not sure I agree entirely with the first part, but I do think that a guaranteed high-end performance offensively speaking from Yunel Escobar is far from a guarantee.
- And finally, it wouldn’t be Jays blogs coverage without Stoeten from Drunk Jays Fans who provides some support for the Jays chasing Russell Martin now that he’s a full-fledged FA.
Enjoy the great Jays coverage as we do!