Here is a review of the major events in the minors for the Jays on Thursday, 29th of April:
AAA Las Vegas – Won 3-1 vs Colorado Springs
- The 51s were the recipients of Robert Ray‘s best start of the year. He gave them 6 innings of work, only giving up 5 hits and 1 ER while striking out 4 (no walks). The outing earned Ray his 2nd win of the year and lowered his ERA to 4.57.
- Steven Register (5.02), David Purcey (3.00), and Jeremy Accardo (0.00) all chipped in with 1 shutout inning a piece that had Accardo earning his 1st save of the season.
- RF Chris Aguila (.311) was 2 for 4 with a double while batting leadoff, and Jarrett Hoffpauir (.324) followed him up with a 2 for 3 day. Of note in this game was that Jarrett manned 3B instead of 2B, adding to his repertoire and possible utility role qualifications.
AA New Hampshire – Won 14-12 vs Trenton
- The Fishercats were able to grab the win in this wild one despite giving up more hits than they had and committing 4 errors in the game.
- C Al Quintana (.238) had quite the offensive performance with a 3 for 5 day, including 2 doubles, while driving in 3 RBI.
- OF Eric Thames (.288) belted his 3rd HR of the year.
- CF Darin Mastroianni (.250) stole his 12 base of the year after finishing the day 2 for 4 with a walk, and Brad Emaus (.294) stole his 2nd.
- There was little good news for NH pitching, as starter Luis Perez (2.36) lasted only 3 innings – giving up 5 runs, 3 ER, and relievers Zach Dials (5.68) and Tim Collins (2.70) both gave up 3 ER in their 1 inning of work a piece.
- The lone bright spot for pitchers was Daniel Farquhar (1.00) who earned the 6th save of the season.
HiA Dunedin – Lost 7-4 to Tampa
- Other than Welinton Ramirez (.228) hitting his 1st HR of the season, and Dan Perales (.262) hitting his 4th, the offensive side of the game was weak for Dunedin. Justin McClanahan (.220) was the only player with 2 hits for Dunedin and he added a SB.
- Frank Gailey (1.59) had the only notable outing for Dunedin, going 2 innings of relief without allowing a run and striking out 3.
LoA Lansing – Lost 7-3 vs West Michigan
- 3B Sean Ochinko (.273) is continuing to get hot at the plate. He added a 2 for 4 day with his 8th double of the season in this game. Sean is now hitting .357 over his last 10 games with a .400 OBP – very nice.
- Speaking of hot, AJ Jimenez has a .351 average in his first 9 games of the year and added his 5th double of the year yesterday.
- Starter Ryan Shopshire (4.82) had a bad start, giving up 10 hits and 6 ER in his 4.1 innings of work.
Tags: AJ Jimenez Al Quintana Brad Emaus Chris Aguila Darin Mastroianni David Purcey Eric Thames Frank Gailey Jeremy Accardo Justin McClanahan Robert Ray Ryan Shopshire Sean Ochinko Steven Register Welinton Ramirez