Here is a review of the major events in the minors for the Jays on Friday, 23rd of April:
AAA Las Vegas –Lost 6-4 to Salt Lake (LAA)
- LV ran into a hot pitcher Friday, as top prospect Trevor Reckling limited them to 1 run over his 5.1 innings of work.
- Robert Ray took the loss after allowing 6 ER over 4.1 IP. He allowed 9 hits and 4 walks in the game.
- Brett Wallace hit his 7th HR of the season in this one, with JP Arencibia joining in with his 2nd HR.
- Steven Register had a great relief appearance for LV, going 2.1 innings while allowing no hits and 1 walk, striking out 3 in the process.
AA New Hampshire – Lost 3-2 vs Binghamton (NYM)
- Luis Perez wasn’t as dominant as during his previous start, but his 3 ER over 6.2 IP should have been enough to earn him a win. His weak spot was the 5 walks he allowed to go along with 5 hits.
- Tim Collins came on in relief and only allowed 2 walks over 1.1 innings while striking out 2.
- Darin Mastroianni was able to get on base a couple of times and stole 2 bases in the game, giving him 8 stolen bases on the season.
- NH had no extra base hits, 5 hits in total, and also worked for 6 walks in the game. Unfortunately they were not as effective in getting those runners in than Binghamton was.
HiA Dunedin – Lost 9-7 vs Brevard County
- Daniel DeLucia had a very short start, going 2 innings, allowing 6 hits and 3 ER.
- The loss was actually taken by Chad Beck who came on in relief and gave up 5 ER in 4 innings.
- Tyler Pastronicky was 2 for 4 on the day, bringing his season average up to .308.
- The recently promoted Jon Talley, playing 1B in this game, was the hottest Dunedin hitter, going 3 for 4 with 2 doubles.
LoA Lansing – Won 5-2 vs Dayton
- Ryan Shopshire was very effective over his 7.1 innings of work, allowing 7 hits, allowing no walks, striking out 7 and allowing only 2 ER. His ERA now sits at 3.47 on the year.
- Relievers Dustin Antolin and Steven Turnbull came on in relief, with Steven earning his 4th save of the year.
- 20 year old C A.J. Jimenez continues to impress since he has returned from injury, going 2 for 3 with a walk, a double, and a stolen base in the game. His average over 4 games is now .471.
- RF Brad McElroy was 2 for 4 with a double on the day.
Topics: AJ Jimenez, Brad McElroy, Brett Wallace, Chad Beck, Daniel DeLucia, Darin Mastroianni, Jon Talley, JP Arencibia, Luis Perez, Robert Ray, Ryan Shopshire, Steven Register, Tim Collins, Tyler Pastronicky