Here is a review of the major events in the minors for the Jays on Tuesday, 20th of April:
AAA Las Vegas –Lost 8-5 vs Salt Lake (LAA)
- Rei Gonzalez (6.06)was not at his best Tuesday as he allowed 9 hits over 5.1 IP, 4 ER, 3 walks, and got 4 Ks. Luckily for the Jays, there is no rush for him to perform after his promotion to AAA since others are definitely proving to be up to the task of providing depth for the big club.
- Another pitching note is that Jesse Carlson gave up 2 runs on 3 hits in his 1 inning of work in relief.
- OF Chris Aguila (.375) led off and went 2 for 5 with a double (his 5th of the season), while JP Arencibia (.273), Jeremy Reed (.238), and Jorge Padilla (.262) all went 2 for 4.
AA New Hampshire – Won 2-1 vs Trenton (NYY)
- Marty McLeary (6.75) recovered from his bad start by throwing a gem Tuesday, going 6 strong shut out innings, giving up only 6 hits and 1 walk while striking out 3.
- Tim Collins earned his first save of the season with his 1 shut out inning, allowing nothing and getting 1 K.
- It’s a good thing NH was able to draw some walks in this tight game, because they were only able to manufacture 4 hits and got 6 walks in comparison. Recently off the DL, C Al Quintana (.167) drove in one run, while RF Adam Loewen (.242) drove in the other.
- The attendance in NH was 4,024 – very close to half as many as what showed up in Toronto!
HiA Dunedin – Won 6-4 vs Daytona (CHC)
- SP Charles Huggins (2.20) did not bring his best stuff. He lasted 3.1 innings, gave up 7 hits, but was able to work his way out of trouble and allowed only 1 ER while striking out 4.
- SS Tyler Pastronicky (.264) and 3B Raul Barron (.367) were catalysts at the top of the lineup, as they went 2 for 5 and 3 for 4 with a double and a stolen base respectively.
- C Travis d’Arnaud (.388) hit his 5th double of the season.
LoA Lansing – Won 5-2 vs Fort Wayne (SD)
- 2009 draftee Dave Sever (3.71) had his best start of hos young career, lasting 6 innings while allowing 4 hits, 3 walks, and striking out 1.
- RP Dustin Antolin (0.00) continued his impressive start to the year, allowing only 1 unearned run over his 2 innings. He allowed 1 hit and 1 walk while striking out 1. Steve Turnbull (4.76) earned his 3rd save of the year with a shutout 9th inning.
- C Sean Ochinko (.238) was 3 for 4 in the game, scoring twice, while CF Kenny Wilson (1 for 4, .277) stole a base and Bradley Glenn (1 for 4, .389) drove in 2 runs.
Topics: Adam Loewen, Charles Huggins, Chris Aguila, Dave Sever, Dustin Antolin, Jeremy Reed, Jesse Carlson, Jorge Padilla, JP Arencibia, Kenny Wilson, Marty McLeary, Raul Barron, Reidier Gonzalez, Sean Ochinko, Tim Collins, Travis D'Arnaud, Tyler Pastronicky