Here is a review of the major events in the minors for the Jays on Saturday, 17th of April:
AAA Las Vegas – Postponed
AA New Hampshire – Won 13-8 vs Binghamton
- Bobby Bell had an outing to forget, lasting only 5 innings and giving up 7 ER through 8 hits and 2 walks, but he was picked up by a potent offensive display by the Fishercats hitters, as well as from 4 strong innings by Adrian Martin (1 ER over 2 IP) and Tim Collins (2 IP, no hits or walks, 4 Ks).
- Doubles and walks were the key to this game for New Hampshire, as they managed 11 walks and 6 doubles in the game. Eric Thames (.306)led the way with a 3 for 5 day including a double, while David Cooper (.270) went 2 for 3 with a double and 2 walks.
- C Brian Jeroloman (.308) also had a good day at the plate with a 2 for 3 day and a walk. Both of his hits were doubles.
HiA Dunedin – Won 10-1 vs Brevard County
- SP Henderson Alvarez impressed once again by going 7 strong innings on Saturday, allowing 5 hits, no walks, 1 ER, and striking out 3. He has definitely made the most of his promotion to HiA and may very well get another promotion before the season is through if he keeps pitching like this. Hie ERa is now a meager 0.64 through 2 starts.
- Tyler Pastronicky must be feeling the heat from the Adeiny Hechevarria signing and his pending arrival in HiA because he turned it on big time Saturday. He went 4 for 4 with 2 doubles, 2 walks, and 4 runs scored. That bodes well for his chances of getting a look in AA.
- OF Dan Perales was the other offensive star for Dunedin as he went 4 for 5 with a triple and a HR.
- Meanwhile, Travis d’Arnaud continued to hit, going 2 for 5 with a double and now holds a .425 average.
LoA Lansing – Won 7-1 vs Bowling Green
- Ryan Tepera has an outstanding outing, as he lasted 7 innings, allowed only 3 hits and 1 walk, and struck out 4 for his first win of the season. His ERA now sits at 2.61 and he is making me look good for pointing him out as a prospect to watch in 2010.
- Youngster Kenny Wilson is starting to come out of his shell, going 2 for 4 with a triple and a SB. He now has a .257 average on the season but has been getting better the more he plays.
- 3B Mark Sobolweski (.303) was great once again, as he finished the day a perfect 3 for 3 with 2 doubles and a SB.
- 23 year old OF Bradley Glenn went 2 for 3 to bring his average up to a very impressive .366.