Here re some Jays notes:
- Aaron Hill was placed on the DL due to hamstring issues, despite his fight with management to remain off the list. He’ll be eligible to return April 23rd versus the Rays.
- Here’s a preview of the Romero vs Floyd matchup tonight. It remains to be seen whether McDonald or McCoy make it at 2B, but the remainder of the lineup should be similar. There is also a chance that the Jays will start Jeremy Reed, who was just called up when Aaron Hill went on the DL, in favor of Jose Bautista or Travis Snider. It’ll be interesting to see if he can make a case to stick around when Aaron Hill returns. I have no prediction here except to say that a real battle for playing time in the OF is about to take place.
- The Jays may have a dilemma when Marc Rzepczynski returns from the DL, as all starters have proven effective thus far. Brandon Morrow and Brian Tallet would have to be the on-the-bubble guys if Marc did so well in rehab that the Jays wanted to throw him back into the fold. There’s still 3-4 weeks until that has to be considered, but it’s something to keep in mind as the rotation continues to turn over.
- Rosie DiManno has a good piece on Wells and his revival for the Toronto Star.
- Want to know what Dirk Hayhurst has been up to? Dave Fuller of the Toronto Sun has you covered in this piece about the Jays reliever’s new book.
- Terry Koshan has a great little piece on my man Mike McCoy and his will to survive now that he’s made it to MLB.
I just posted my 13th of April edition of On The Level, where I covered Riaan Spanjer-Furstenburg-1B-ATL, Drew Cumberland-SS-SD, Joe Benson-OF-MIN, David Lough-OF-KC.